COVID-19 guidelines for AOA meetings
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is easily spread from person to person. As the U.S. continues to manage the spread and impact of COVID-19, the AOA is committed to ensuring all organization meetings are safe, healthy and productive gatherings for doctors of optometry, students and paraoptometric staff.
The AOA does not require proof of vaccination or a testing requirement of its meeting attendees. However, the AOA reserves the right to change these requirements based on facility, local, state or national restrictions. By registering for this AOA meeting, you agree to the following recommendations put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that are designed for the protection of all attendees:
- Staying up to date on vaccines and wearing a mask can help prevent sickness or severe illness. Make a determination in advance if these preventative steps are beneficial for you.
- Practice frequent handwashing.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Monitor your personal health.
- Refrain from attending the meeting if you are currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Refrain from attending the meeting if you recently tested postive for COVID-19 or experienced COVID-19 symptoms, unless at least 10 days have passed since the start of symptoms and you are currently symptom-free and fever-free for at least the last 24 hours. You may shorten this time period to 7 days by obtaining a negative test result after the seventh day. Furthermore, the individual must be asymptomatic at the time of travel.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, wearing a well-fitting mask for at least 10 days following a known exposure to COVID-19.
All meeting attendees attest that they will follow all rules during the meeting, which are designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. This includes additional rules and regulations in place at the meeting location at the time of the meeting. As an attendee, you also agree that, if you see a situation you believe to present a risk of injury or illness, you will bring it to the attention of the AOA and take appropriate measures to protect yourself from harm.
By completing the registration process for the meeting, you agree that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.